Our services are available to anyone who needs assistance managing their monthly finances or who wants to learn how to manage their money more effectively. If you or someone you care about is struggling with paying bills, managing an immediate crisis, or budgeting for unexpected expenses, please contact us to learn more about our services.
How We Help
Together with our clients, we establish a household budget that is realistic and manageable that meets priority needs such housing, food, utilities and medical expenses. We help:
- Coordinate services with other agencies to meet clients’ needs
- Protect vulnerable clients from being taken advantage of or becoming victims of a scam
- Help clients become more financially disciplined, control spending, and reserve funds for unforeseen expenses
- Teach clients who are able the tools to gradually assume responsibility for their own finances
Service fees are based on the client’s income and ability to pay. These fees range between $25-$45 per month. Maranatha-Carlisle receives support from the Partnership for Better Health, the United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County, local foundations, churches, and individual donors which allows us to offer many clients support at no cost to the client.
Money Management Services
Representative Payee Services are available to clients who receive Social Security or SSI benefits and who can’t manage or direct the management of his or her benefits. This service allows individuals to lead independent lifestyles with the support of an account manager whose duty is to make sure the current needs of the beneficiary are met.
Maranatha-Carlisle is also available to serve as fiduciary for veterans or their family receiving VA benefits. This allows them to focus on their health and other needs, knowing that their financial obligations are being met.
Individuals who do not receive social security or veteran benefits can still benefit from our money management services as financial custodian clients. In these cases, Maranatha-Carlisle manages their funds and pays bills and creditors directly on their behalf.
- A dedicated account manager works with a client to establish a monthly budget that meets their needs.
- Clients identify their financial goals such as reducing debt, saving for a car or vacation.
- Maranatha pays bills on behalf of their clients based on these goals.
- Maranatha provides a monthly report detailing payments made on their behalf.
- Account managers will refer clients for additional services and monitor clients’ progress making adjustments as situations arise.
Maranatha account managers get to know their clients and their needs and partner with them to meet their goals. They provide guidance and financial education throughout the process to help clients achieve financial independence.
Our Commitment to You
Maranatha-Carlisle has served the community since 2003.
We treat our clients with respect and dignity. Our goal is to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
We are bonded and insured and we adhere to representative payee services regulations set forth by the Social Security Administration. We are overseen by our Board of Directors and audited annually.
We explain in detail the services we provide and any related fees. We maintain detailed records for each client and are available to answer questions that arise.
We maintain the confidentiality of our clients’ financial information and personal circumstances.